Monday, 19 September 2011

May 2011 - Stoep revamp

Since we thought it would be a good time to revamp our stoep as well, and it would be a good source of zinc for the purpose of cladding the new chicken coop.. we started that as well concurrently with the building of the actual coop... Completion of the latter sort of depended on the beginning of the first.. :-)

Construction site?
So we removed most of the zinc, and just cleaned up the outside of the walls to prepare for the new beams. We had to remove the round pillars as they started to crumble with the removal of the zinc. This in turn meant we also had to rebuild the pillars. For them we decided to just go square using brick. and for the new beams, we decided that round ones might be good, and had to therefore create holes/recesses for these in the house wall. Not major structural changes, though because the house was built using clay bricks, we are ever worried that the walls might crumble.. so any structural things that we do, we reinforce the immediate area as we work.

New beams up

With the new beams in place, we could continue with the cladding of the chicken coop..

No comments:

Post a Comment